Step #1: Prepare the Surface
- The project actually takes 4-6 hours of actual work. The rest is curing and drying time.
- Clean the surface thoroughly, and prepare it for painting. If it is a smooth or polished surface use sand paper or steel wool to scratch up the surface enough for the paint to adhere.
- We recommend using a dark color for the best dramatic effect. The pennies will not cover 100% of the surface so if you use a bright color, there is a good chance it will show through.
- Allow the paint to dry thoroughly before proceeding.
- Determine how many pennies and how much resin you will need. The chart provided assumes 1/8″ deep resin over the coins. Additional layers will require approximately 10oz of mixed resin per square foot for each additional 1/8″ of depth desired.
via Install a Penny Countertop in Your Kitchen |